Tuesday 30 March 2010

Livin La Vida Loca

So my day has been pretty dull. The weather is disgusting, to put it bluntly: it's been pouring with rain all day, as well as the odd snow shower and the mental wind. Unfortunately I had to venture out into the extreme conditions as I had a salon appointment in the morning and an orthodontist appointment in the afternoon. The orthodontist was a complete piss take: when I got there, it was completely packed - they must have overbooked or something - and I had to wait for about half an hour just to be told that my teeth were fine and I didn't need to wear my retainer anymore. But, I'm over it now, as you can tell. Moving on to the main attraction...


As you are probably aware (unless you don't follow Perez Hilton on Twitter, which is disgraceful), Ricky Martin recently came out as a gay man. I find this quite bizarre if I'm honest. I mean good on him for opening up about it so publicly but, I'm not gonna lie, I was surprised. It seems like an awfully long time to be in denial and, after googling him, I discovered that he had previously been in a long term relationship with a female tv presenter for over 14 years. Just to make it clear, I am in no way homophobic and really do not want to come across as it, I am simply curious as to why it took him so long to come out. I understand that it's difficult for some people to come to terms with their sexuality, especially with the media jumping down your throat within seconds, but I think it would just make more sense to be honest with yourself and those close to you. I mean can you imagine having been in a relationship with someone for over 14 years and then finding out, a few years later, that they had come out as gay? I would be a bit humiliated to be honest. Then again, he could have just been gay all along but loved that one woman, which can happen I believe. However, I also feel it necessary to add that I'm truly gutted because I used to majorly fancy him and, I will admit, still do think he's a bit of a babe.

Anyway, I tried to make this post quite balanced so hopefully I don't cause a stir. Not that I would, considering I don't have many followers and don't even know if people read this, but hopefully that will all change in time. I'll just keep waiting patiently :)

1 comment: