Tuesday 6 April 2010

Nutter Island (ho ho ho)

So, here's what I wore to go to the cinema last night with my friend Tatiana:

Top: Asos
Shirt: Topshop
Jeans: Mango
Boots: Solea at Kurt Geiger (as always)
Bag and jewellery: mum's

On to the film...

 
We went to see Shutter Island, which I'd been really excited to see ever since I heard about it a few years ago, when it was mentioned on Entourage. I'll admit I was annoyed at how long it took to be released but it was still everything I expected it to be. However, as Tatiana pointed out, the music was unnecessarily over-dramatic, especially when they're in the car at the beginning driving into the institution then nothing major happens, they just have their guns taken off them. Despite that, it was still an incredibly enthralling film and it definitely keeps you on your toes. I won't be able to go into much detail because I would give too much away but there's a big twist at the end, which has left me very confused. I have my own opinion about what happened because, personally, I think it's the only logical explanation. However, I think the ability the film has to divide the audience is the best thing about it. Although I'm not a big fan of films that are left unexplained, I did think the way it was done was very clever, as it makes you rethink the whole film. I do want to see it once more when it comes out on dvd, just to see if it clarifies my view of the ending or if it completely alters it. All in all, I would really recommend it if you're into films that make you think, not just about the film itself but about society, as it does have quite an interesting message about society's view on so-called "mental people" (which is a term I hate).

Anyway, have you seen it? If so, what did you think? If not, what have you seen lately? Any recommendations? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment