Wednesday 21 July 2010

Saturday & Sunday at T in the Park

Saturday was probably my favourite day band-wise but the worst day weather-wise. It rained most of the day but luckily we were in the tents for the majority of the time so we managed to avoid getting soaked. Despite being completely sleep-deprived due to the antics of the stag do next to our tent, the horrible weather, the fact that my hair was drenched in beer and I was covered in bruises from the day before, I really enjoyed Saturday. We moved about a lot because there were so many people we wanted to see but we still ended up missing so many bands I love, including Mumford & Sons and We Are Scientists, which I am still truly gutted about. However we did manage to see Kate Nash, Vampire Weekend, Paolo Nutini, Mystery Jets, Laura Marling and Julian Casablancas, as well as a bit of Dj Yoda (I know, haha), Fake Blood (who was rubbish) and Erol Alkan in the Slam Tent earlier. My favourites were Vampire Weekend, Paolo Nutini and Laura Marling simply because I love them and they were amazing live. I will admit I was quite disappointed with Julian's set, apart from The Strokes stuff, because I didn't really know any of his solo stuff and he came on late, meaning that his set was really short. Although we were right at the front and I did touch his shoulder so I was reasonably satisfied with that because he is a babe and I love him. However, Mumford looked amazing on the highlights so I regret not seeing them a bit but hopefully I'll get to see them at some point.

On the Sunday we didn't see that many people because the ones we wanted to see all ended up being on at the same time, which was quite annoying, but we did see Dizzee Rascal, Biffy Clyro and Jay-Z. Unfortunately there seemed to be some problems with the sound at the Main Stage for Dizzee and Biffy as well, which ruined both their sets. However, Biffy were still amazing, as always, and I'm going to see them again later this year anyway and Dizzee was pretty good too but, in my opinion, not as good as he used to be but that's just because I prefer his older stuff. A part of me wishes we had gone to see Babyshambles and The Cribs instead but I haven't seen any highlights of their sets and I'm not actually sure if Babyshambles turned up so I'm not going to dwell on it.

Anyway, I'm going out tonight and my friend is coming round in an hour for pre-drinks so I better go get ready. Here are the pictures and videos:

Kate Nash
 



Vampire Weekend
 


Paolo Nutini
 


Mystery Jets
 



Laura Marling
 

Julian Casablancas
 

Not zoomed in at all may I just add ;)
 
Biffy Clyro (Sunday)
 

1 comment:

  1. overall, how was it? i havent had a chance to speak to anyone these holidaysss...!

    ReplyDelete